A range of specialist machinery for salads, vegetables and root crops..
Vegetable Machinery Page Contents
The Burdens Group Vegetable Division can supply a wide range of specialist machinery for the salad, vegetable and root crop market, as well as provide best advice, spare parts, service and bespoke machinery.
Burdens Vegetable Machinery department covers the whole of the UK, Northern and Southern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight with a wide range of machinery for growers from leading manufacturers including:
- Tumoba BV
- Mini Veg Packer
- Vegetable Harvesting Systems (VHS)
- Struik BV
- Verhoest Marc
The types of machinery we can supply include:
- Brussel Sprout Harvesters
- Leek Harvesters
- Baby Leaf Harvesters
- Cabbage and Kale Harvesters
- Onion Windrowers
- Onion Toppers
- Haulm Toppers
- Salad Harvesters
- Onion Set Planters
- Irrigation Equipment
- Bespoke Projects
We can also have bespoke machinery made exactly to your requirements to suit jobs that need more specialist machinery.
We recognise that the industry can vary greatly due to different types of the same crop, ground conditions, etc. and therefore we can order your new machine to meet your exact requirements.
Threefore as a proactive and forward thinking company, we are constantly evolving our business to adapt to the ever-increasing demands within the industry from climate change to labour costs and availability of people and withdrawal of chemical.
To meet the demands of growers, we are investing more time, money and training into ensuring that we can exceed the demands that the industry is now facing to include mechanical and robotic machinery, harvesting, planting and weeding.
Service and support for all types of salad, vegetable and root crop machinery
Selling a machine is only the start as we have specialist parts and service support and a wealth of expert knowledge to call on. As we understand your business more than most, we can identify problem areas and make calculated decisions on how best to solve these issues and fine-tune your machinery to maximise output, productivity and profit.
We are constantly investing in specialist tooling and product training to ensure we are completely up-to-date with all the latest product and industry developments, ensuring that when you contact us, you have complete confidence in our ability to give you the best solutions and advice for your individual situations.
Demonstration and hire machinery available
Maybe you would like to see some of these machines working in situ, or if you prefer to hire, this can also be an option.
We can hire right across the UK and into Northern and Southern Ireland and the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight and with our expert support should the need for a repair occur, then we will do our best to ensure it is sorted swiftly and with minimal downtime.
Our Vegetable Division are also very active at specialised events and shows across the UK so you can view a lot of the machinery we have to offer and talk to one of our experts who will always give you our best advice.
If you would like any further information on our vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Tumoba Harvesters for Sale UK
Tumoba is a Dutch company who manufacturer a wide range of specialist harvesting machine for a variety of crops including brussel sprouts, babyleaf, spinach, lettuce, kale, broccoli and parsnips.
We can supply the range of salad harvesters and vegetable harvesters as well as mobile packing stations and undercrawlers.
Our specialist knowledge and years of experience dealing with these machines ensure you get the right machine for the job in hand.
We can also offer bespoke options to make the machines more suited to your exact needs
Tumoba Brussel Sprout Harvesters for Sale UK
The range of Tumoba brussel sprout harvesters are available as 2, 3 and 4 row self-propelled machines.
Designed to enable sprout growers to get high output whilst minimising labour, these harvesters will also protect the soil even under the most challenging of conditions.
The operators are seated at the front of the machine, one for each row to be harvested. A foot controlled arm with a stalk-cutter attached is provided for each row. As the machine progresses through the crop, the brussel stalks are cut and hand-fed into the stripping heads adjacent to each operator.
The brussel sprouts and the leaves are then stripped from the stalk and separated, with the leaves returning to the ground and the trimmed sprounts being conveyed by an elevator in to a bulk-hopper mounted in the centre of the machine.
The latest 3 and 4 row brussel sprout harvesters can also be fitted with the new optical pre-sorter known as a ‘butterfly’, meaning bad sprouts are already discharged at the field. This helps prevent cross-contamination of good sprouts, as the rotten sprouts are, after being recognised by the optical system ,discharged by very fast pneumatic ejectors.
Other features include:
- Automatic steering (one foot-controlled cutterarm connected to machine’s steering system)
- Fully enclosed cab with windscreen and wipers, cab heater, radio, lighting interior and exterior
- No soil compaction
- Infinitely variable forward speed
Tumoba Salad Harvesters and Vegetable Harvesters for Sale UK
With the Tumoba range of salad harvester many types of crop can be harvested with ease including babyleaf, lettuce, parsley, rocket and salad leaves.
The Tumoba range of vegetable harvesters can harvest crops including parsnips, kale, cauliflowers, broccoli (calabrese) and cabbages.
These machines can be made to suit individual customer requirements, for instance having a band saw or disc cutting machine and different feed methods into the conveyor and even a separator unit can be fitted to allow you to filter out waste.
- Tumoba 3-Bed Sideloader with Automatic Trayfiller: This machine is 3-bed and ideal for babyleaf and spinach can be operated by one person. The steering of the machine, the cutting height and the tray-filling process are all completely automated. Standard features include automatic steering, electric steering, electric speed control, electronic cutting height adjustment, 3 beds of each 1.80 to 2.00 metre and a maximum cutting width of 1700 mm per bed.
- Tumoba Babyleaf and Spinach Harvester: Fitted as standard with automatic steering, electric steering, electric speed control, and electronic cutting height adjustment, these machines have a loading surface of 6 pallets, bed width of 1.80 to 2.00 metre and a maximum cutting width of 1700 mm per bed. Options include an air-bridge (to remove heavier items like stones) a ‘dancing belt’ to remove small objects and bugs, etc and a packing station.
- Tumoba Lettuce Harvester: Made to harvest lettuce and salad leaves, this can lift one or more beds, by lifting the beds (and crops) to an easy working height. Lifting 10 or 12 pallet trailer without soil-damage in wet conditions and fitting packing machinery are possible.
- Tumoba Craftsman Harvester: This self-propelled harvester can lift broccoli, lettuce, cauliflower, cabbage, etc and improves working conditions in the field, resulting in higher productivity and performance.
Tumoba Mobile Packing Stations for Sale UK
Now you can easily pack your vegetables and salads with the range of Tumoba mobile packing stations.
Ideal for iceberg lettuce, cauliflowers, carrots, celery, leeks, etc, these will save on labour and transport costs and do less damage to the produce.
This will also keep the produce fresher as a result of shorter routings as they can be packed in the field.
- Pack the vegetables in the field with Tumoba’s tracked mobile packing station
- Shorter routings to help keep the produce fresher
- Labour and transport savings
- Less damage to the produce.
Tumoba Vegetable Undercrawlers for Sale UK
The Tumoba vegetable undercrawler is a machine on tracks to transport trailers in the field.
It is an ideal solution to transport trailers in the field without damaging the soil-structure and can also be attached to any field rig or harvesting system and follows automatically.
The track layer is adapted to the customers needs or trailers, where the choices are twist and lift, lift and drive and pull on and lift.
- Ideal in-field solution to transporting your trailer
- Reduces soil compaction
- Can be adapted to suit individual needs.
Tumoba Optical Sorters for Sale UK
The Tumoba range of optical sorters has been developed to remove rotten brussel sprouts before sizing them. It also allows you to remove leafs, sprout-tops and oversized sprouts.
This way the good sprouts do not contaminate the rotten sprouts further down the process.
The optical sorter is placed at the beginning of the grading line or on the latest generation of 3 or 4 row Tumoba brussel sprout harvesters it can also be fitted with this optical sorter.
This allows the waste to be left in the field and also has less chance for contamination between the field and processing centre.
The optical sorter finishes the process by selecting the sprouts according to colour, dirt or stain, with the help of a clever camera system. You can set and store the selection criteria on a computer, including your preferences for feed belt and roller bed.
Sprouts that do not come up to the standards set in the system are blown away and removed with the help of an air-stream and together with the dirt and waste falls through the roller bed meaning no waste accumulates under your machine.
Standard features include:
- Feed belt and aligning devices
- Adjustable roller drives
- 90cm roller bed with washing/brushing device
- Discharge conveyor
- Camera system
- Pneumatic removal system and automatic lubrication
Options can include:
- Simultaneous grading of two sizes
- Bespoke changes to existing system
Tumoba Re-Trimming Brussel Sprout Machine for Sale UK
You can easily prepare your sprouts with Tumoba’s re-trimming brussel sprout machine.
This machine is fully automatic and the sprouts are being aligned and settle themselves because of their pear-shape on the roller bed.
Camera’s then determine the orientation of each sprout and it is being re-trimmed accordingly. Sprouts wrongly settled are blown out by an air-jet without being re-trimmed.
The process is then competed with a separation drum taking out all trimmed buds and loose leaf. There is also a specially programmed optical sorter for re-trimmed sprouts that takes away nearly all labour for quality inspection after trimming giving an output of approximately 700 kg/hr.
If you would like any further information on our Tumoba vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Samon Onion Machinery for Sale UK
Samon Ellens is a specialist manufacturer of onion machinery, but also produce a range of other machinery including potato windrowers and conveyors.
The range of Samon onion toppers offer single bed front and rear mounted (open and closed) and triple bed machines which are mostly rear mounted and open, but machines are also available in triple format with one on the front and two on the back and can be open or closed and with wider units for clearing the wheelings.
UK specification machines are normally either on tractor wheel centres of 1.83 or 2 metres.
The Burdens Group are experts on Samon Onion Machinery and can give best advice on the most suitable machine for your needs.
Samon Onion Toppers for Sale UK
The range of Samon onion toppers can be single bed and triple bed and can include closed and open versions (closed means it puts the tops in the wheelings, open means it spreads all over).
Single bed machines can be front or rear mounted and open and closed, whereas three-bed machines are usually rear mounted and open, but you can also have a configuration of one on the front and two on the back which can be open or closed and with wider units for clearing the wheelings. We can advise on all the configurations available to suit your requirements.
The specially shaped outlet ensures that the haulm is deposited in the tractor wheelings so that it does not compromise the drying process of onions.
UK specification machines are normally either on tractor wheel centres of 1.83 or 2 metres.
Options can include:
- Automatic depth control (standard on three-bed models)
- Haulm cutting disc
- Integrated topper (front and rear mounted model)
Samon Onion Windrowers for Sale UK
The Samon range of windrowers have been designed to reduce soil disturbance, while ensuring efficient harvesting in wet weather conditions.
Available in single and three-bed rear mounted versions, we can advise on the best configuration for your needs.
Three-bed versions are designed to increase capacity so that more focus can be placed on the harvesting operation.
UK specification machines are normally either on tractor wheel centres of 1.83 or 2 metres.
There are a variety of options for all machines so they can be adapted perfectly to your requirements for instance all machines whether single or triple-bed can have a square bar or shares.
Samon SU2LS Onion Harvester for Sale UK
The Samon SU2LS is the largest onion harvester in the Samon range.
The first web is the lifting web and is therefore narrower than the second web. The second web is wider than the first web to permit sufficient cleaning.
The distance between the hedgehog belt and the second sieving web is adjustable and star wheels ensure proper distribution of onions across the elevator. The hedgehog belt offers a very good separating system on onions.
- Rear wheel steering
- Hydraulic levelling
- Two sieving webs (1.25 and 1.50m wide) with down bars on second sieving web
- Hedgehog belt and star wheels for distribution of product across the elevator
- 90cm effective width discharge elevator
- Square bar
- Automatic greasing
- Speed of the elevator belt is adjustable from tractor
- Different sized webs are available
- Working lights
Samon Potato Windrowers for Sale UK
Both the Samon 2-row and 4-row potato windrowers come with two sieving webs.
The intake is equipped with diabolo’s and discs and comes as standard with wheels and a central delivery conveyor.
- Side delivery conveyor which can be used to deliver the harvested potatoes to the next row.
- Semi-mounted/trailed model
- Synthetic diabolo’s
- Compaction roller for central delivery conveyor (2-row)
- Hedgehog belt (4-row)
- Harvesting element with running wheels and driven discs (4-row)
- Work lighting
Samon Product or Waste Conveyors for Sale UK
There are two versions of Samon product or waste conveyors, swan neck and straight, to suit your particular needs.
The straight PVC bottom unloading conveyor belt, with 30mm carriers, measures 4 metres in length and 65cm in width and can swivel sideways.
The swan neck bottom conveyor unloading belt is suitable for delivering loose crops. The high chevron belt (32mm) is 65cm wide and is available with a belt length of 3.5, 4.5, 5.5 and 6.5mtrs.
Thanks to its special design, the unloading belt reduces the drop height to a minimum height. This conveyor can also swivel sideways.
- Electric and hydraulic drive
- Hydraulic drive
- Frequency controller on electric drive offering variable speed
- Two-speed electric drive
- Hydraulic height adjustment (swan neck version)
- Fall breaker (swan neck version)
If you would like any further information on our Samon vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Struik Cultivation Machinery for Sale UK
For over 80 years Struik have become specialists in the manufacture of cultivation equipment including rotary cultivators, haulm toppers, weed controllers and the latest product the Struik Strip Till.
The cultivators are available in single bed and triple bed format and haulm toppers come in front and rear mounted 2 to 8 row rigid or hydraulic folding machines.
The Burdens Group are experts on the range of Struik Cultivaton Machinery and can give best advice on the most suitable machine for your needs.
Struik Cultivators for Sale UK
The Struik range of cultivators are available in single and triple bed formats and in various configurations.
With a variety of machines including front and rear mounted versions, they have been specifically designed to allow full-field cultivation and planting/sowing in a single pass and are perfect for bed preparation for a variety of crops.
With a solid construction and durable materials they offer trouble-free operation, optimal soil crumbling, low power requirements and a number of options. Included in the range are:
- Front Mounted Cultivators: There are 2 versions of the Struik front mounted cultivators being the RFF and RF DUO.
Front cultivators allow full-field cultivation and planting/sowing in a single pass. The advantage of a front cultivator over a rotary harrow is that no large clods are left in the ridges and the planting bed is not driven over once it has been prepared. A crumbling roller ensures the soil is spread evenly and the cultivator remains stable.
The RF DUO can be used in combination with a planter to perform planting bed preparation and planting in small, formed ridges in a single working pass.
- RF Hook Tine Rotary Cultivator:
The RF hook tine rotary cultivator works the soil and breaks up hard clods giving you optimum growing conditions. It helps to create a perfect seedbed and then you can deploy it as an inter row cultivator to create ridges which will stay firm for the entire season and retain their dimensional stability.
Machines are available as a full width hood to produce full width beds or a hood with stainless steel plates to create individual ridges.
They are available from 2 x 75cm to 8 x 90cm with various configurations in between. They can be rigid or hydraulic folding and options can include markers and lights.
- Struik VARIX Hook Tine Cultivator: This new cultivator can be front or rear mounted and is available in three models. The VARIX 3000 will do 4 x 75cm rows, the VARIX 3600 will do 4 x 90cm rows and VARIX 4500 will do 6 x 75cm rows.
It can be full width or have individual hoods and it has a self-cleaning hood. This means the hood is spring mounted and as it vibrates it cleans itself. To help with the machine staying clean the hood is shaped around the tine to ensure there are no dead angles in the hood.
There is a further option of a hydraulic cleaning kit, which allows for the hood to be pushed down to the tines, which the tines then clean the hood.
- Struik VariX Twinrotor Cultivator: This machine has a main full width rotor and also a secondary axle. Both axles work at different depths. The main rotor cultivates the deep ground, whereas the second rotor cultivates only the top layer to create a perfect seed bed. There are also various attachments of rear rollers.
- Struik ZF Inter Row Rear Cultivator: This highly versatile cultivator is ideal for all sorts of different crops. Available for 2 to 8 rows and is adjustable for crops with differing row distances. There is shear bolt protection on each tilling unit.
Each of the rotary cultivator units is driven independently, from the top, so there is free space for plants both laterally and upwards, between the units. This makes it possible to till in crops with high leaf content.
The cultivator elements are fitted standard with 8 tines.Optional elements are available.
Struik WR Ridge Former for Sale UK
The Struik WR ridge former is the perfect machine for ridging light to medium density soil, with or without stones.
The ridge former can be delivered with a fixed ridger or as a fixed ridger with Vibro Flex tines.
Key features include:
- Simple and easy adjustment of the ridge height
- Ridging will improve the effectiveness of spray applications due to the smooth ridge surface
- The stainless steel ridging units give a completely uniformly formed and scalped ridges
- The removable tines make it possible to perform weed control even after the crop has emerged
Struik Haulm Toppers for Sale UK
The Struik range of front and rear mounted haulm toppers offer 2 to 8 rows rigid (with or without end tow kits) and hydraulic folding options.
With 3 models in the range these machines are specially developed for killing of haulm to prevent viral infections without the need for chemicals. This is now the preferred option for many growers due to increasing regulations on using chemicals.
Haulm topping has therefore become an essential part of the potato growing process. As a direct result, the potatoes are of better quality and have a longer shelf life.
The rotor itself within the machine is balanced to help with vibration and therefore increase service life and the advantages of the Struik haulm toppers are:
- Low drive power
- Low machine weight
- High capacity
- Special foliage spreaders which leaves very clean ridges
- Hardened flails
There are 3 models to choose from in the range being:
- Struik LKFA Haulm Topper: This haulm topper can be front or rear mounted has hardened flails that follow the contours of the ridges and as such generates extra suction force which results in better flailing action. The haulm toppers are available in configurations ranging from 2 x 75 cm to 8 x 90 cm. This model is available in rigid and hydraulic folding options. Rigid versions can have an end towing kit if required.
- Struik FLKB Haulm Topper: This front-mounted topper is identical to the LKFA model except it has a conveyor discharge. These haulm toppers with belt discharge are available in sizes ranging from 2 x 75 cm to 4 x 90 cm
- Struik LKB-Shift 1500 Haulm Topper: Ideal for offset harvesting machines. By the side shift on the haulm Topper, this haulm topper moves to 1.50 metres to the side of tractor and tops the two rows next to the tractor that the harvester is lifting.
Struik WeedFix® Weed Control for Sale UK
Especially designed for the effective removal of weeds, the Struik WeedFix weed control is available in both hydraulically and mechanically driven versions, and is ideal for weed control in any type of soil.
It can be attached to either the front or back of the tractor and allows for fine adjustment of the working diameter from 150 mm to 330 mm, allowing it to get close to the crop.
The rotary action of the tines breaks open and aerates the soil, which in turn lifts the weeds, bringing the roots to the top of the soil to effectively kill the weeds.
It can be used for all types of crop including broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, onions, leeks, beets, sugar beets, etc.
- Saves costs when compared to chemical pesticides
- No hazardous residues
- Breaks open and areates the soil to improve soil health
- Hydraulically driven as standard but mechanical drive is possible as an option
- Depth adjustment wheels allow you to adjust the working depth to suit your needs
- Adjustable crop protection plates
- Can be used for weed control of 1 to 12 rows
- Completely adjustable
- Suitable for every type of soil
Struik RF310-S Strip Till Cultivator for Sale UK
The new Struik RF310-S Strip Till cultivator can cultivate 5 rows at 600mm centres.
Featuring 60 hook type tines it has 5 elements that can cultivate strips either 200mm or 250mm wide (must be stated which is required and not adjustable).
Other features include:
- 3-point linkage mounted
- 1000RPM gearbox with a maximum input 220hp
- Machine reverse rotation
- Rigid machine
You can have the machine without Farmflex wheels on each element or with Farmflex wheels on each element with spring pressure adjustment.
If you would like any further information on our Struik vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Wifo Onion Set Planters for Sale UK and Ireland
Wifo set the standards for planting onions with their onion planter and precision onion planter and are ideal for planting onions, shallots and garlic.
The Burdens Group are experts on the range of Wifo Onion Set Planters and can give best advice on the most suitable machine for your needs.
Wifo Onion Planters for Sale UK and Ireland
The Wifo onion planter has a patented dosing system that guarantees flawless operation and perfect dosing, plus it is easy to operate, easy to adjust and has a high capacity.
The planting depth can be easily adjusted.
The onion planter is available in various configurations, where the operator can determine the line spacing, the number of lines and the track width.
Normal configuration for the UK are 72″ or 80″ tractor wheel centres and either 4 or 5 rows per bed at various row centres.
There are a number of options including a rotating brushset, support wheels, hydraulic vibrating device and an option to switch off individual rows.
Wifo Precision Onion Planters for Sale UK and Ireland
The Wifo precision onion planter sets the new standard for onion planting with precision of sowing.
This precision planter is the solution for planting onion sets and garlic.
Giving a consistent planting distance, this gives the onions sufficient space to develop, resulting in a uniform appearance, uniform bulbs and an optimal and high-quality yield.
You can plant at an accurate planting distance with a driving speed up to 6 km per hour and it has an easy to fill hopper. The onions are laid in a single row by means of the vibrating system, after which they are carefully sown via the pintle belt.
The benefits of the Wifo precision onion planter are:
- More capacity due to accurate high-speed planting
- Variation in the size of the planting material is not a restriction
- Easy to operate and adjust and very user-friendly
There are a number of options including:
- Wider row distance for shallots or organic farming
- Different track widths
- Hopper extensions
- Individual row stop
- Spray kit
- Output control and hydraulic drive
- Metering system
If you would like any further information on our Wifo vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Bauer Irrigation Equipment for Sale UK
The Burdens Group supply the full range of Bauer Rainstar irrigation equipment across Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Cambridgeshire.
We also supply spinklers, booms, diesel pump units, smartrain, pipes and fittings and spare parts sections.
The Burdens Group are experts on the range of Bauer Irrigation equipment and can give best advice on the most suitable machine for your needs.
Bauer Rainstar Irrigation Equipment for Sale UK
The Bauer Rainstar Irrigation systems robust construction and long service life will work perfectly under the most difficult conditions.
Here at The Burdens Group we will help you find the right solution for your needs from among the many models on offer.
They are ideal for irrigating a wide range of crops from potatoes and other root crop vegetables to a salad crops and lettuce.
- Bauer Rainstar ‘A’ Irrigation Equipment: Easy to handle, yet offering optimal output and innovative technology, the compact Bauer Rainstar A irrigation system is a multi-talented compact irrigator able to work in smaller fields and spaces. Consisting on the Rainstar A1, A2 and A3 models and sub-models.
- Bauer Rainstar ‘T’ Irrigation Equipment: No matter which field size or form, the Bauer Rainstar T offers cost efficient irrigation by saving energy and time and features the new TVR- radial full flow turbine is available with an EcoStar irrigation computer. Featuring a wide range of models including the Rainstar T32, T42, T51, and T61 and their sub-models.
- Bauer Rainstar ‘E’ Irrigation Equipment: Reliability, durability and efficiency are just 3 words to describe the Bauer Rainstar E range of irrigation equipment. Made to the highest standards (ISO 9001), it is packed full of innovative features. Featuring a huge range of models including the Rainstar E11, E21, E31, E41, E51, E51XL, E51 XL 4WB, E55 L and E55 XL and all their sub-models.
Bauer Sprinklers for Sale UK
The Bauer Sprinklers range are easy to handle, maintenance free, have a large performance range and have variable jet angle.
The sprinklers are equally suited for every type of irrigation system because of a special drive system which breaks up the water jet into an effective spray that does not harm the crops, through all pressure ranges.
With the Vari-Angle the trajectory of the water jet can be adjusted infinitely between 15° and 45° and in windy conditions a flat jet parabola reduces water drift and increases irrigation efficiency substantially. Standard sprinklers come with a 24° trajectory.
- Slow reverse
- Variable jet angle
- Standard sprinklers come with a 24° trajectory
- Excellent distribution
- Automatic adjustment
- Automatic brake force regulation
- Maintenance free operation
- Dynamic interval diffuser
- Energy saving
Bauer Irrigation Booms for Sale UK
The Bauer range of irrigation booms offer particularly fine precipitation, protecting the plants and the soil and can operate sufficiently as low as 0,8 bar. This way energy and water can be saved.
By distributing the water close to the ground, evaporation is reduced, increasing efficiency and having a positive effect on the overall cost efficiency of the machine.
There are a wide range of boom carts to suit any application, so you can find a model best suited to your needs.
Boom widths are AS16 (16 metre), AS26 (26 metre), AS32 (32 metre) and AS50 (50 metre).
- As low as 0,8 bar of nozzle pressure is enough for a particularly fine and gentle precipitation which protects plants and soil
- Fine droplets prevent soil compaction – topsoil and pore structure are preserved and the soil is treated with care
- Further advantages are pressure reduction, uniform distribution of precipitation and low sensitivity to wind
Bauer Diesel Pump Units for Sale UK
Bauer diesel pump units are designed to perfectly compliment for your irrigation system.
They are perfectly optimised to be used in combination with the Bauer Rainstar Irrigation reel and this pump fits perfectly to the irrigation machine.
There are a variety of engine outputs and are mounted on a 2-wheel trolley with 4 manual support legs.
- Perfect match of pump and motor
- Low fuel consumption at all operating points
- Convenient design with self-priming device and automatic shut off device
- Lockable tank cap
- Standard machine the roof is made of metal and has net guard on 4 sides
- Acoustic models have sound deadening (optional)
- Option of mobile device control so you can stop and start remotely (dependent of model)
- Detachable drawbar
- Various accessories
Bauer Smart Rain for Sale UK
The Bauer Smart Rain makes irrigation management much easier and organised.
The enormous loss of time for instance if you go to the field and the machine has not already finished the irrigation process, or even worse, if the machine had stopped in case of a problem, can be time consuming and costly.
Smart Rain allows simple monitoring and optimisation of RainStars, pumps, etc.
- Monitoring of RainStar operation: Offering status display, irrigation progress and even when you should change the fields, plus more
- Optimise your irrigation management: For instance which field should be irrigated next? Which sprinkler will be finished soon? Calculate the optimal irrigation amount based on the measured soil moisture and the existing soil types
- Automatic error messages: An error message will be sent to you for example an unforeseen stop or when your machine enters a danger zone
- Team management: Manage teams, employees or other companies with which you share fields, machines or pumps from your mobile devices
Bauer Pipes, Fittings and Spare Parts for Sale UK
We also carry a wide range of pipes, fittings and spare parts for the Bauer range of irrigation equipment from stock including:
- HK quick coupling pipes and connectors
- Riser pipe and riser pipe couplings
- HKA fittings
- HKS quick coupling pipes and connectors
- Rubber sealing rings
Any items that we do not carry in stock, we can usually obtain quickly to ensure any downtime due to a repair needed is kept to the bare minimum.
If you would like any further information on our Bauer vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Sieger Drain Jetter for Sale UK
The Burdens Group supply the HS and WR range of Drain Jetters across the UK and also Northern and Southern Ireland
To drain-off excess ground water and rainwater from agricultural land to give better soil structure and higher yields requires a properly working drainage system. This also makes it easier to work the land in the spring and autumn.
Over time though the drain pipes can become blocked, by iron oxidation, root growth or contamination with sand, among other things, but flushing with a professional drain cleaner will prevent these blockages and Sieger Drain Jetters do just the job to help keep your soil in top condition.
The Burdens Group are experts on the range of Sieger Drain Jetters and can give you the very best advice on the most suitable machine for your needs.
Sieger Drain Jetters HS for Sale UK
The Sieger Drain Jetter HS (Hydraulic Special) is a professional drain cleaner for the demanding of users.
With its large cleaning capacity it also has a hydraulic swivel function for the guide arm. This makes it even easier to manoeuvre the drain cleaner into the desired position in front of the drain pipe.
Other functions, such as fold-in/fold-out, height adjustment, and extension/retraction can also be operated hydraulically.
It comes as standard with 500 metre HPE flushing hose and a compact hose reel.
- Four drive wheels: Fitted as standard with four drive wheels and two hydraulic motors. The double drive power and even pressure distribution provide good control and slip-free drive of the 500-metre flushing hose
- Power water pump: The Comet high pressure piston diaphragm pump has a considerable maximum capacity of 142 litres per minute and a maximum operating pressure of 50 bar
- Hydraulic swivel function: Hydraulic sideways swivel makes it simple to manoeuvre the drain cleaner to the desired position. Large freedom of movement, because the tractor does not have to be located directly in front of the drain pipe
- Hydraulic height adjustment and hydraulically foldable arm
- There are also a number of accessories available too
Sieger Drain Jetter WR for Sale UK
The Sieger Drain Jetter WR (Wireless Remote) allows you to flush out drain pipes in the safest, most efficient and most economical manner thanks to the wireless remote that operates all of the drain cleaner’s hydraulic functions.
The robust 500-metre HPE flushing hose and powerful high-pressure piston diaphragm pump, provide unparalleled cleaning capacity.
All the hydraulic functions, such as fold-in/fold-out, height adjustment, sideways swivel and height adjustment of the Sieger Drain Jetters WR can be electrically operated via the remote control, for comfortable and safe operation of the machine.
- Power water pump: The Comet high pressure piston diaphragm pump has a considerable maximum capacity of 142 litres per minute and a maximum operating pressure of 50 bar
- Automatic drive stop: ADS is a fully mechanical function found on the drive system. It can be adjusted so the drive stops or decelerates automatically in response to any resistance in the drain pipe, while the flushing function of the nozzle simply continues.
- Hydraulically extendable arm and hydraulically foldable arm.
- Distance indicator: This shows the length of pipe cleaned so far. This makes it easy to determine where any blockages in the drain pipe are located.
If you would like any further information on our Sieger vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Verhoest Marc Leek Harvester for Sale UK
The Burdens Group supply the Verhoest Marc range of manual leek harvesters, auto tray fillers and leek peeling machines.
Verhoest Marc have been constructing machines for agricultural industry for more than 140 years and this expertise and product knowledge allows them to build innovative and quality machines for today’s modern farmer.
The Burdens Group are experts on the range of Verhoest Marc manual leek harvesters, auto tray fillers and leek peeling machines and can give you the very best advice on the most suitable machine for your needs.
Verhoest Marc Manual Leek Harvester for Sale UK
The Verhoest Marc manual leek harvester offers excellent shaking quality without bruising the leek.
It has a picking output of 1600 kg/h in heavy soil and up to 2400 kg/h or more in light soil.
The soft belts ensures a better grip on moist and heavy soil and the automatic steering system steers the tractor left to right.
- All hydraulically operable from the tractor
- Thicker belts on picking element
- Hydraulic tilting of forklift to unload containers more easily
- Automatic tray filler
- Automatic plate filler
Verhoest Marc Leek Peeling Machine for Sale UK
The Verhoest Marc leek peeling machine works hydraulically and washes and peels leeks and cuts the roots and surplus green to size.
The peeling drums are easily adjustable via a lever and the speed of the tyres, drums and knives are adjustable.
Between 80 and 170 kg/hour (per person) can be achieved with the standard model.
- Carousel to gather the leeks behind the discharge table
- Upright rack to sort the leek more easily
- Possibility of cutting the leek stalk at less than 52 cm
- Discharge conveyor for dirt or cleaning out system
- Rinsing set-up on discharge table
- The spraying arms can be adjusted to the heaviness of the soil
Verhoest Marc Automatic Tray Filler for Sale UK
The Verhoest Marc Automatic Tray Filler has manual or automatic filling and allows for all types of containers to be used.
It can work on it own without any additional people needed and is controlled from the operator in the tractor.
If you would like any further information on our Verhoest Marc vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Mini Veg Packer for Sale UK
The Burdens Group supply the Mini Veg Packer which is a completely mobile harvesting system that has been designed for use in the vegetable and salad harvesting industry including cabbages, cauliflowers, lettuce , swede, broccoli, leeks, flowers and more.
The Mini Veg Packer is made up of a cup and chain system that will fit most makes of tractor, either a steel chain or a plastic chain.
It as has an adjustable speed system that the operators working in the packing trailer can determine and there are emergency stop buttons and lifeline ropes fitted at the front and rear to prevent any injury.
It is very flexible in that it suits a wide variety of vegetable and salad crops.
If you would like any further information on our Mini Veg Packer vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Sauter Front Linkages for Sale UK
The Burdens Group supply the range of Sauter front linkages and front PTO units that are suited to a wide range of tractors and models.
They are ideal for New Holland tractors, John Deere tractors, Claas tractors, Deutz Fahr tractors and Case tractors and will fit any type of axle. All we need is the make, model and type of axle system to find the linkage to fit.
We can advise you on the Sauter front linkage and/or front PTO to suit your exact model.
The Sauter range of front linkages offer the following features:
- Two double-acting cylinders
- Strong lower links that are removable without any tools and easily pivot upwards for transport
- A float adaptor which can be easily locked and makes for optimum adjustment to surface conditions for all front-end implements
- Reversing valve with functions that are single-acting, double-acting, locking of lifting and lowering with with integrated reducing throttle on request
- Integrated shunt coupling in favorable position
- All points of rotation can be lubricated, long-life slide bearings
- Walterscheid catch hooks
The Sauter range of front PTO units have been developed from many years of expert knowledge and experience and feature the following:
- Gear with its own oil-pressure supply and therefore independent from the hydraulic system of the tractor
- Multiple-disc clutch runs noiselessly in an oil bath
- Smooth start-up characteristics for all front-end implements
- Switch-on and -off by a push-button
- Easy coupling due to a PTO end which can be manually turned
- Easy and time-saving assembly, retrofitting without any problems
- Economic front PTO on request
There are a variety of options for the Sauter front linkage and front PTO range including:
- Telescopic top link
- Double acting
- Short lower links
- Walterscheid catch hooks with Cat I and Cat II
- Auxiliary headlights
- Tractor triangle
- Reversing valve and reversing switch
- Light sockets
- Front weight carrier and ballast blocks
- Front protector
If you would like any further information on our Sauter vegetable machinery range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery sales department.
Vegetable Machinery Parts Department
The Burdens Group Vegetable Machinery parts department carries a wide range of spare parts for all of the manufacturers we sell machinery for including Tumoba, Samon, Struik, Wifo, Bauer, Sieger, Verhoest Marc, Sauter and Mini Veg Packers from stock, and any parts that we do not have we can obtain directly from the manufacturer.
Our vegetable machinery parts stocks are all held at our Sutterton depot near Boston in Lincolnshire, but we can ship to any part of the UK and Ireland on next day or standard delivery.
If you would like any further information on our vegetable machinery parts range, please contact our Vegetable Machinery parts & service department.
Vegetable Machinery Service Department
The Burdens Group Vegetable Machinery service department can provide service and repairs to all the machines we supply.
We have a team of service technicians who are all factory trained and have fully equipped service vans so that we can carry out any repairs in situ.
With over 40 year experience we can advise on any service related issues and will travel across the UK and into Ireland to carry our repairs.
We use the latest tooling to ensure that we can swiftly deal with any problems to keep downtime to a minimum.
If you would like any further information on our vegetable machinery service options, please contact our Vegetable Machinery parts & service department.